Keeping Kids Safe
Salem has put into place measures to keep children safe while here. We call these measures, Safe Sanctuaries. Here are a few of the procedures we follow to keep children safe while in our building.
- Salem has a "two adult rule," two unrelated adults shall be present during the church activity.
- Salem has "roamers" who travel, unscheduled, from room to room during the Sunday school hours.
- At Salem an individual may not supervise a church activity or ministry involving children unless the individual is at least five years older than the oldest child participating in the church activity or ministry.
- Each room serving as the location of a church activity or ministry has a window in the door, and the door to the room remains unlocked, during the church activity or ministry.
- Salem has sign in and sign out procedures for each class and the nursery. Parents of children in the nursery, receive pagers should communication with the parents be needed.
- Volunteers and staff working with children obtain clearances per Pennsylvania law.
If you have questions about our Safe Sanctuaries' policies, contact Tracey Michelsen at or 938-1928.